[OpenIndiana-discuss] Preliminary Download link: Illumos based MartUX_OpenIndiana_Edition for SPARC LiveDVD (without installer)

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Fri Sep 28 16:04:50 UTC 2012

I went into xsession and pounded out the lines that deleted and set the
/dev/fb link, put it in by hand, and bang... I am booting into gnome as
I type.  getting all kinds of errors saying RANDR is missing on display
:0  aborting metacity SUNW, blade1000 not compatible....

Letting it go... we will see where this gets us....

On 09/28/12 11:07 AM, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Daniel Kjar <dkjar at elmira.edu> wrote:
>> I also get this error after X11go.sh
>>
>> 3098 CRITICAL file dbus-groxy.c: line 2084 assertion 'DBUS_IS_G_PROXY
>> (proxy)' failed
>> it then goes to the USB keyboard selection.  After selection back to prompt.
>
> That's absolutely normal.
> It is not the reason.
>
> I think /dev/fb did not get created by X11go.sh, or at least not correctly.
> Does your box have 1 fb or more?

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson