[OpenIndiana-discuss] Seagate 3000GB Drive only shows 746GB

Martin Bochnig martin at martux.org
Fri Sep 28 22:38:45 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Reginald Beardsley
<pulaskite at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> You can't use format(1m) for USB drives in Solaris 10 up to at least u8. I've never tried u9 because of the license change. I'd certainly agree about rmformat(1) however, format(1m) does not see flash drives even on OI 151a.

Reginald, in June 2005 I moved all of my systems from Solaros 10 FCS
to Nevada 30 or where it was at that time.
Sorry, I didn't try Solaris 10 since then. Because so many
improvements flew into Nevada, it is hard to count them.

Maybe you are right or not, I have little experience with Solaris 10,
only half a year.
But the rmformat vesus format question: I still doubt Sun's official
statements about that.
Nevertheless, as I have no Sol10 box at hand, I cannot verify this. So
ok, maybe.

Well, no problem.

--
regards,