[OpenIndiana-discuss] weird C++ problem

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 19:51:29 UTC 2013

> At a wild guess, that may have something to do with the stray 'extern
> "C"' block as well.
>
> I don't quite know what you're trying to do, but when I write C or C++

Well I am not trying to do anything! I am just trying to compile
the TeXLIve tree on Solaris. The program that causes this problem
is part of the dvisvgm source code and I am not the author the program.
The author tries to include a number of C headers that have been defined
many years ago and provide definitions of functions that can easily search

and find files in a TeX tree. So in a file the author of the code wants
to use these functions to define some file search functions etc.

Here is the original code that causes the problem I reported:
using namespace std;

#ifdef MIKTEX
    #include "MessageException.h"
    #include "MiKTeXCom.h"
    static MiKTeXCom *miktex=0;
#else
    // unfortunately, the kpathsea headers are not C++-ready,
    // so we have to wrap it with some ugly code
    //namespace KPS {
        extern "C" {
            #include <kpathsea/kpathsea.h>
        }