[OpenIndiana-discuss] 3737 days of uptime

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Apr 9 15:01:43 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-09 16:26, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> we found it hiding behind a fitted cupboard
> that had been installed after it

Well, there was a trend in 90's Russia to mount storage boxes into
a wall, bricked forever, preferably with a wireless network. Whenever
there were "masked shows" (tax police or competitors taking away all
documentation required for work and stalling the raided company's
activities for months on barely legal basis), some companies did have
local backups with such means, as well as offsite backups (often too
outdated for the really-needed documents submitted minutes before the
raid). I am not sure uptimes were at premium, but ability for years of
unserviced work in a couple of cubic feet of wallspace - yes, quite.
See also: desire of patches that can make a system unbootable ;)

//Jim