[OpenIndiana-discuss] Audio Broadcasting Suggestions Request

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:18:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I seem to finally be making progress with the last major hurdle before
> bringing our OI servers online, and now the Archbishop has decided he wants
> me to take a break from this and lend a hand in another project.
>
> He wants to start broadcasting live audio streams of our services for our
> parishioners who are scattered all over the world.  He doesn't want video
> (at this time) because he doesn't want to turn the church into a television
> studio.  (And the others would certainly do that!)

> 4) Any server level type of software needs to be able to run on
> OpenIndiana.

I've seen any number of audio streaming demos using Node.JS. Which
is going to work just fine on OpenIndiana.

However, if this were me I would just outsource this. It's a perfect example
of a commodity that is unlikely to be your core competency. Something
like http://wavestreaming.com/ for example, I'm sure there are others.

--
-Peter Tribble