[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with Dell iDRAC

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Apr 23 13:41:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-22 22:01, Kris Henriksson wrote:
> Outstanding! I do have the BCM NIC, and trying the driver you
> mentioned works like a charm.
>
> I've updated the bug you referenced to say that it also affects my system.

Hmmm... I think I should try that sometime.

For historic sake: we have a Sun Fire X2100M2 in our office zoo,
which also has a bge port shared with its remote-management card,
another bge port, and a couple of lousy nge ports which can behave
strangely even by themselves. Basically, this leaves the system
with one reliable port out of four preinstalled - the other bge ;)

Sometimes we did have connections lost to the RSC in cases of
heavy IO on the port from the OS, losses of link to RSC during
server reset, etc. Some reconfiguration of port usage and switch
port to try and avoid resets did help - but there are just that,
workarounds that need to be remembered to keep in place ;)

Jim