[OpenIndiana-discuss] Logwatch equivalent...

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 08:32:35 UTC 2013

From: Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc>
> On 04/23/13 09:01 AM, John Doe wrote:
>> is there a logwatch equivalent under openindiana?
>> Or, what do people usually setup to get daily server status by mail?
> Can you explain further?
> Did logwatch work for you previously on OpenIndiana, then stop?
> Logwatch is written in Perl, and should run on any Unix, or Unix clone
> with Perl installed.

It "never worked" since I never found the openindiana package (at least by that name).
And I did not try yet to install it by hand.
Also, I am still unsure to where the usefull logs are.
My /var/log almost only contains syslog, which only contains my nagios nrpe logs... nothing else.
There is a /var/logadm that contains almost nothing...
And I guess if I install logwatch; it won't be able to automagically know what to watch for in openindiana... right?
That's why I was looking for a package that knows what to do.

Thx,
JD