[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFSv4 user/group server mapping refresh

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Thu Apr 25 18:05:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 07:53:00PM +0200, Milo Parker wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> We are currently using NFSv4 to connect to a ZFS datasheet hosted in an
> OpenIndiana system. User and group mapping works correctly on NFSv4
> clients.
>
> However, when we add a local user/group in OpenIndiana box and the same
> user/group on clients they are not updated, they ares shown as
> nobody:nogroup.
>
> Is there any command to update/refresh user/group table on Opendiana NFSv4
> server without restarting NFS server (/etc/init.d/nfs restart)?.

I'd try to restart svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default first, but I'm not sure it
will help.

In any case it would be interesting to see the communication over the wire to
confirm what party is failing to work correctly with the new user/group.  It is
possible the problem is at the client's side.

If you'll confirm the issue is at the OpenIndiana/illumos side, feel free to
file a bug.