[OpenIndiana-discuss] Intel HD audio - Options for audiohd.conf

Bryan N Iotti ironsides.medvet at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 18:32:57 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have an HP EliteBook 6930p, running OI 151a7.

It works well, as long as I don't mind not having 3D acceleration due to
the lack of KMS for the ATI/AMD Radeon video card.

Now, the internal sound card is identified by the Device Driver Utility
as an Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller,
ven/dev id pci103c,30dc.
Audio plays fine, but it has a hum to it that goes away when muted or
when booting Linux.
I suspect it has something to do with an audio option that gets set by
the audiohd driver, similar to the "external amp power" control of the
AC97s.
Altering volumes using the control panel does not remove this hum (i.e.,
I don't think it's a problem with the gain on the mic, for example).

Is there an option I can pass via the audiohd.conf file to power this down?

Any thoughts welcome!

      Bryan