[OpenIndiana-discuss] ipfilter

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Mon Aug 12 12:43:46 UTC 2013

Richard,

Do you have explicit values for config files in the 'config' property group? ipfilter was a bit fiddly getting set up, but has been solid - as has been its service - since. We keep nwam off.

Lou Picciano

 Hi everyone,

I'm having real fun and games trying to get ipfilter to start at boot.
The following seems to work once booted:

svccfg -s ipfilter:default setprop firewall_config_default/policy astring: custom
svcadm refresh ipfilter:default
svcadm enable ipfilter:default

However a reboot removes that property, and the service transitions to
maintenance:

Aug 11 17:07:46/511 ERROR: svc:/network/ipfilter:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/ipfilter reload" failed with exit status 96.
Aug 11 17:07:46/511: network/ipfilter:default misconfigured: transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs -xv' for details)

svcs -xv shows nothing.

I did a little more digging around, and it looks like I've got something
wrong with nwam:

network-physical:nwam.log: nwamd: kstat_open operation failed: No such file or directory

I opted to use the NCU/NCP means of assigning a static IP rather than
disabling NWAM and assigning IPs manually:

nwamcfg:ncp:wilson> list ncu phys bge0
ncu:bge0
	type			link
	class			phys
	parent			"wilson"
	activation-mode		prioritized
	enabled			true
	priority-group		0
	link-autopush		" "
nwamcfg:ncp:wilson> list ncu ip bge0
ncu:bge0
	type			interface
	class			ip
	parent			"wilson"
	enabled			true
	ip-version		ipv4,ipv6
	ipv4-addrsrc		static
	ipv4-addr		"192.168.1.12"
	ipv4-default-route	"192.168.1.1"
	ipv6-addrsrc		dhcp,autoconf,static
	ipv6-addr		"2001:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"
	ipv6-default-route	"2001:xx:xx:xx::1"

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Richard

--
Richard Jones                                      +44 7843 588 599
              "Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur"