[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrade to oi_151a8 fails on one machine

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 14 19:18:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:57:42AM +0100, Jon Tibble wrote:
> For debugging updates use the process here:
>
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Troubleshooting+image-update+failures

I tried it first with only the `entire' package, like this:

    # pkg install --no-refresh -nv pkg:/entire at 0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8 > /tmp/pkg-debug.log 2>&1

This is the beginning of the output:

    pkg install: No solution was found to satisfy constraints
    maintained incorporations: None
    Plan Creation: dependency error(s) in proposed packages:
      No suitable version of required package pkg://openindiana.org/system/locale/support/turkish@0.1,5.11-0.151.1:20110912T032358Z found:
        Reject:  pkg://openindiana.org/system/locale/support/turkish@0.1,5.11-0.151.1:20110912T032358Z
        Reason:  All acceptable versions of 'require' dependency on pkg:/gnome/documentation/locale/extra are obsolete

There were 1199 instances of `No suitable version' in the output.  The
curious thing was that the rejected package was not installed on the
local system, although it was available from openindiana.org .  Others
mentioned that I checked were also not installed.

When I tried the same `pkg install' command on another machine that
was still at oi_151a7, the output seemed fine.  There were no rejected
files.