[OpenIndiana-discuss] Edit file in /etc/ from InstallCD

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Aug 15 19:19:29 UTC 2013

Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> writes:

> Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> what output do you get from a "zpool import -f" ?
>>

> OK, now were talking... so is something I can just combine with the
> import command... or no?

Please hold off answering ... I'm making a clone and will be able to
do stuff with no harm done.

I actually got into the OS I originally posted about once I tried sudo
in maintenance mode... I was able to edit the needed files, then it
booted just fine.

However, I really want to be able to perform an emergency rescue from
the install media so am continuing with a clone in a few minutes.