[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS performance tuning

Francis Swasey Frank.Swasey at uvm.edu
Thu Aug 29 18:58:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've trying to set up an OI box (using 151a8) and I'm using nuttcp 6.1.2 to make sure I'm getting the most I can out of the Emulex One Connect (10GbE) cards that are in the box they gave me to use.  Unfortunately, I'm seeing asymmetrical numbers.

The clients are all RHEL6 boxes (and that can't be changed), which happily talk 9.8Gb between themselves on the exact same hardware I am having issues with OI on.  However, when I test between the Linux boxen and the OI box - I always get 9.8Gb from the OI box to the RHEL6 and around 5Gb from the RHEL6 box to the OI box.

I've been googling for tunables and have found https://blogs.oracle.com/dlutz/entry/maximizing_nfs_client_performance_on .   However, a lot of what it says to tune doesn't exist.  Is there a better document for me to read?

Thanks,