[OpenIndiana-discuss] New Wiki page for adding a Windows GRUB entry

Jean-Pierre jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 30 20:07:04 UTC 2013

Jim Klimov wrote:
> On 2013-08-30 19:33, Jean-Pierre wrote:
>> FIXME : The Windows wording for partition is volume and the OpenIndiana
>> one is slice.
>
> I did not read it all (yet) but this here is a bit of misunderstanding
> that I'd like to correct early on. Maybe just simplification for people
> new to this all, but not correct still.
[...]
> So, long story short, "The OpenIndiana wording for partition is slice"
> is not a correct statement, and may mislead readers in the future :)

I was aware of differences of concepts between the systems,
and the need for some introductory precautions, so I
marked the sentence as FIXME. You also raise an alarm on GPT
partitions and LVM both of which should probably be excluded
from the procedure (I have no personal experience about them).

Maybe you can suggest an introduction, avoiding unnecessary
details ?