[OpenIndiana-discuss] FMT notification weirdness

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Thu Dec 5 09:30:34 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I'm seeing a strange behavior with FMT fault notifications that someone maybe can explain. I have enabled SMTP notifications using ...

svccfg setnotify problem-diagnosed mailto:root at localhost
svccfg setnotify problem-repaired mailto:root at localhost
svccfg setnotify problem-resolved mailto:root at localhost

Then, after pulling a hard drive, I see no fault messages at all. Only after putting the hard drive back in, I get all three messages in one go: Fault Management Event: hostname:ZFS-8000-QJ ... Fault Management Event: hostname:FMD-8000-4M ... Fault Management Event: hostname:FMD-8000-6U. Huh?!

Previously I received ZFS-8000-QJ immediately after the fault being noticed and both FMD-8000-4M and FMD-8000-6U after reinsertion. Am I missing something here?

Cheers
 Stefan