[OpenIndiana-discuss] ProLiant DL380p Gen8

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Thu Dec 5 13:17:09 UTC 2013

Hi Roel,

not trying to be smart, but since that box is server, why wouldn't you
try with SmartOS (same as OpenIndiana, but i guess has better support
for various drivers)?

Just as suggestion.
Regards.

On 12/05/13 13:35, Roel_D wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Has anyone already installed OpenIndiana successfully on a ProLiant DL380p
> Gen8?
>

> I tried it to some point, but there are lacking a lot of device drivers?
>

> If anyone has a manual or howto I would appreciate it

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

I have seen the Great Pretender and he is not what he seems.