[OpenIndiana-discuss] ProLiant DL380p Gen8

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Thu Dec 5 14:14:19 UTC 2013

I come from Solaris 10 and i already get really frustrated by all rip-offs.
I am used to the Solaris way of configuring zones (the main reason I use
Solaris) and every successor of Solaris 10 has its own way of configuring
it. If you want help on zones for example then there are 60 billon hits on
google, but I always end up frustrated. "No, that is not for that version",
"no, that is for the SmartOS version", "no, that will only work on Nexenta",
"no, you need to create a json first", "no, we like XML", "no you first need
to create 2000 virtual nics, download all versions of the bible and then
pray for help"

I just want solaris to run on a server, serve my data as fast as hell and
work!