[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fastboot question

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Dec 9 09:51:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

i think i have found cause:
$ svcprop -p start/exec svc:/system/boot-config:default
/lib/svc/method/svc-boot-config

That method (/lib/svc/method/svc-boot-config) file is rather simple i
has FIXED values for boot:

$ grep uadmin /lib/svc/method/svc-boot-config
# uadmin A_CONFIG AD_UPDATE_BOOT_CONFIG
/usr/sbin/uadmin 23 1

 From man pages (section 2) for uadmin, one might see that cmd 23 is not
defined. IMHO, method has to be rewritten to reflect setup from
svc:/system/boot-config:default service:
$ svcprop -p config/fastreboot_default svc:/system/boot-config:default
true

And, if i have read man pages properly, for fast reboot, method should
call 'uadmin 2 5'

because of

cmd "A_SHUTDOWN= (2) and
fcn "AD_FASTREBOOT" (5)

For normal reboot fcn has to be "AD_BOOT" (3)

Can someone comment on this, please?

Regards.

On 11/30/13 19:12, Predrag Zecevic wrote:
>>> How i can do this?
>>

>> Quoting from another discussion (on OmniOS lists):
>>
>> On Oct 7, 2013, at 4:34 AM, Narayan Desai <narayan.desai at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > This is caused by the system attempting to use fastboot on default
>> reboot. We've disabled that and things seem to work properly; the
>> following commands do the trick. (the first changes reboot not to use
>> fastboot, the second causes the system to do a full reboot upon panic)
>> > -nld
>> >
>> # svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop
>> config/fastreboot_default=false
>> # svcadm refresh svc:/system/boot-config:default
>>
>> # svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop
>> config/fastreboot_onpanic=false
>> # svcadm refresh svc:/system/boot-config:default
> On my system:
> $ svcprop -p config/fastreboot_default system/boot-config:default
> true
>
> $ svcprop -p config/fastreboot_onpanic system/boot-config:default
> true
>
> So, it is NOT disabled... Not sure if i have to do it?
>
> Also, i have tried to attach result of running command: pfexec prtconf -vp
> (if that is OK for this thread)
>
> Thank you...
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Garrett D'Amore
>> <garrett.damore at dey-sys.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you're seeing hangs like this, I would appreciate knowing the
>> hardware configuration. Prtconf -vp might be helpful. Presumably this
>> is the result of one or more devices not doing the right thing for
>> quiesce().
>>
>> - Garrett
>>

>> ---
>>
>> HTH,
>> //Jim Klimov

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

Do something unusual today. Pay a bill.