[OpenIndiana-discuss] Zpool crashes system on reboot and import

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 16:14:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM, CJ Keist <cj.keist at colostate.edu> wrote:
> Thanks. Stephan,
>     What is the process or time frame of a bug fix in ZFS from Oracle making
> it's way down to Illuminous and on to OI?

>From what I understand, there isn't one. The two are developed
independently. However, features that are present in Oracle's ZFS may
have a higher priority of being independently re-implemented in OI,
but not necessarily in the same way.

>> Am 11.12.13 21:28, schrieb Jim Klimov:
>>
>> To make things even worse, this error is inside the data structure of
>> the ZFS fs, so zfs send/revc, doesn't help here and the data would have
>> to be copied "manually" - nasty indeed.

Is there anything stopping one from creating a new zfs on the same
pool, copying over the data "manually", and then destroying the
corrupt zfs? Or is the affected zfs generally larger than the free
space on the pool?

Cheers,
Jan