[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster Packagemanager

Paolo Marcheschi paolo.marcheschi at ftgm.it
Thu Dec 12 17:16:25 UTC 2013

Hi
I tried to uninstall update manager and package manager , and then to  upgrade the system to the latest.

bash-4.2$ uname -a
SunOS openindiana 5.11 illumos-78f1710 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

bash-4.2$ pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
sfe            (non-sticky) origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/
sfe-encumbered              origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered/
openindiana.org              origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/

Now I'm not able to reinstall the packagemanager anymore, Am I missing something ?

bash-4.2$ sudo pkg install pkg:/package/pkg/package-manager at 0.5.11-0.151.1.8.1
No updates necessary for this image.
bash-4.2$ sudo pkg install pkg:/package/pkg/package-manager
No updates necessary for this image.

But the packagemanager is not present.

Paolo