[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster Packagemanager

jimklimov at cos.ru jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Dec 15 16:42:14 UTC 2013

The way i get it, upstream is oracle and they abandoned the gui manager. Also it was mentioned that the old program is not quite compatible with new pkg, and there is an alternative gui to consider instead of maintaining the old one.

Fwiw, i did see the gui package manager, but sometimes it did fail, so even on a laptop i mostly used the command-line tool.

Typos courtesy of my Samsung Mobile