[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster Packagemanager

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Dec 16 08:53:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-16 11:19, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> I think the one responsible for including these changes
> should report what problems arise in the GUI and what is
> new in pgk so that we can have a look into it.
> I loved to have this packagemanager, on a big screen
> it helps to get the "big picture". Although I'm also
> not a friend of python...

I wouldn't discount the possibility of "unknown and untested
at the moment, except that the upstream had some reason to
discontinue". Maybe the reason was a plain change to some new
version under closed licensing so the open-sourced manager
would be no more - just to complicate things for us. Maybe
there was something technical.

Can someone just try to copy over the files from those GUI
package-manager and update-manager from an older BE into the
newest updated one (not as packages, just the files delivered)
and see if there are any complaints form the system or if the
GUIs just work?

//Jim