[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] New pkg5 in the repo

Bryan N Iotti ironsides.medvet at runbox.com
Mon Dec 16 17:16:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

another probable discovery (or a Blinding Flash of the Obvious moment).

If you have zones installed and you try the update procedure by detach and attach -u, it fails with:
ERROR:   Sanity Check: FAILED, couldn't determine variant.opensolaris.zone from image.

This probably occurs if the zone has the old version of pkg installed and the global zone has the new one.

Please verify if possible, I only had one zone to test this on and I can't get it to attach anymore (built a new zone for what I had to do).

Bryan