[OpenIndiana-discuss] extra entry in /etc/hosts after each reboot

wim at vandenberge.us wim at vandenberge.us
Thu Dec 19 17:45:02 UTC 2013

Unfortunately, for people (like myself) that put a hostname instead of an IP
address in the /etc/hostname.<interface> files that means the system will become
inaccessible from the network every reboot when running out-of-the-box napp-it.

A simple workaround is to just comment out the section below from the
agent-bootinit.pl script. I have not seen any DNS warnings on the console though
but then again I run headless most of the time. Personally, I'm not fond of
applications that modify system files every time they run (upon first
installation is one thing, but every restart is quite another), but that's just
me.

Wim