[OpenIndiana-discuss] can't find crt1.o

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Mon Dec 30 10:41:09 UTC 2013

On 26/12/13 00:39, Saso Kiselkov wrote:
> On 12/25/13, 10:24 PM, Marc Lobelle wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I tried installing gcc on openindiana (both 4.4.4 and 4.6) and both
>> complain not finding crt1.o.
>> What did I forget to install and where could I get it ?
>>
>> Thanks and I hope you all had a hapy Xmas
> That's part of the lint library, simply run:got
> # pkg install pkg:/developer/library/lint
>
> For future reference, if you run into library troubles, try:
> # pkg search<file-you're-looking-for>
> That'll tell you what package, if any, it's a part of.

Thanks! It is there indeed. and also thanks for the info over pkg
search. It already helped me seral times.

However, I still have a problem with Imake to build a usable Makefile .
I'm using gcc4.8.0 (from the package CSWgcc4core). And sun.cf make xmkmf
select as CC default options
  CCOPTIONS = -Xa -v  -z lazyload -z combreloc -xstrconst -xildoff
and gcc refuses -Xa.

I assume other people got this problem before me.

Is there a cleaner solution than removing that argument in sun.cf ?

Thanks

Marc