[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fwd: OpenSXCE on SF440 (missing network driver)

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Fri Feb 1 06:42:00 UTC 2013

Hi Andrej,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 09:01:21PM +0100, Andrej Javoršek wrote:
> Hello!
> I have successfully installed OpenSXCE on my (headless) SunFireV440 but I'm
> missing drivers for network card(s).
> Digging with prtconf (and friends) I found out it is:
>
> pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x01 function 0x00: vendor 0x108e device 0xabba
>
>  Oracle/SUN Cassini 10/100/1000
> and the driver is not installed on system.
> What can be done to get that card working?

I think the cassini ethernet (ce) driver was never opensourced and it was
removed (EOLed) from Solaris 11. So I'd suggest to try some pre-S11-FCS (Open)Solaris
release like Solaris 11 Express 2010.11 or OpenSolaris 2009.06 and copy the ce
driver from them (if it is included there). The ce driver was not a part of the
ON tree. There was a separate gate for it, IIRC.

HTH.