[OpenIndiana-discuss] rpool on 4k disks?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Feb 3 12:55:31 UTC 2013

Hello all,

   While thinking about Reg's setup, I began wondering: are there
any known issues with rpool using ashift=12 - perhaps in GRUB or
in the rpool-importing code? Is there anything hard-coded for the
ashift=9 on rpools (or equivalently limited in terms of available
RAM)? That is, may we recommend certain workarounds to create the
aligned partitions and the properly ashifted rpool to match the
larger hardware sector, or would that lead to an unbootable system?

Thanks,
//Jim