[OpenIndiana-discuss] Time slider ready for prime time?

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Sun Feb 3 14:50:08 UTC 2013

> From: Stefan Müller-Wilken [mailto:stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de]
>
> can anyone comment on this? Will time slider work reliably enough on a
> developer workstation to use it in real development work?

Yup, it's awesome.  The only catch that I'm aware of is immediately after OS installation, you need to become root, change the root pass, and change it back to what you want.  (This is a known bug, but hasn't been fixed yet).  After that, you can launch the Time Slider config utility, and it works great.