[OpenIndiana-discuss] For serviio 1.2beta, could sfe-encumbered -> ffmpeg and libffmpeg be updated to version 1.1.1??

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Mon Feb 4 20:06:51 UTC 2013

I guess Milan or Ken Mays might be the people to ask about this??

Current compile and link options (including the librtmp inclusion) are
just right, I think. 1.1.1 contains stuff for new video stream types.
The latest version of libRTMP must also be used and referenced for the
new ffmpeg to work. I think.

This is to enable running the next beta, 1.2, of serviio.org,

Serviio is possibly the only reasonably complete DLNA server that runs
w/o any special preps on OpenIndiana.

Installing serviio.org on openindiana is no more complex than expanding
a tarball and running a jar. You can put an SMF def in place if you
like. Contact me if there's an interest.