[OpenIndiana-discuss] New Zone User Questions

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Feb 5 09:52:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-05 09:51, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2013, at 12:11 AM, Andrej Javoršek wrote:
>
>> "Or am I missing something here?  (And that's entirely possible!)"
>>
>> You are not gonna like my answer since it ads even more complexity but you
>> can (theoretically) use single IP and have a lot of globally available
>> services in different physical or virtual computers by using NAT and port

Peter, you can try to use the techniques outlined in this wiki page:

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Using+host-only+networking+to+get+from+build+zones+and+test+VMs+to+the+Internet

I wrote it for a slightly different particular purpose, but most of
the steps and ideology should be applicable to generic server zones.

In essence, whatever zones you have would use addresses on a virtual
switch defined inside your OI server, and a single local or global
zone with the publicly-accessible address would do the NAT/Routing
and if need be - DHCP for the other local zones.

HTH,
//Jim