[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to boot oi-dev-151a7-ai-x86.usb inot 64-Bit mode ?

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:02:03 UTC 2013

Sorry, I noticed that my post is irrelevant, I only skimmed your e-mail.
If the ISO or USB installer only include the 32-bit kernel, then you
cannot by definition boot into 64-bit mode (since there's no 64-bit
kernel to load).

Also, why would you want to boot the installer in 64-bit mode? The
functionality of either kernel is identical. It's the performance that
differs in 32/64-bit and that isn't really a concern for the *installer*
image.

Cheers,
--
Saso