[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSXCE will live

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:41:48 UTC 2013

On 02/07/2013 02:17 PM, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I'm posting this from an Internet Cafe.

Hi Martin, great to hear from you again!

> Did everything work for you?

I'm currently getting the SPARC build farm for Illumos up and running.
So far, your distro is running like a champ, no problems with it at all.

> To put a long story into a few words: After things have settled the
> project will continue.
> And on my old Amilo x64 Laptop I'm already coninuing to get x86 / x64 ready.
> With some special connections I managed to find a new apartment
> (starting in 2 weeks). Everything will be ok by end of this month.
> As said, it would be a long story. However, the essence is: OpenSXCE
> will be continued. Probably it is best to 1st get x86 ready for
> export.
> Then we can open a new mailing list, make actual press announcements,
> publish the src and all that.
> Thanks again for your community support!!! cu later. I'm going to post
> from here every now and then,

Great that things have settled for you into a usable state.
Please do keep us posted about your stuff, people care.

Cheers,
--
Saso