[OpenIndiana-discuss] zlogin question

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Thu Feb 7 21:22:36 UTC 2013

Hi Jim,

> # for Z in `zoneadm list`; do zlogin "$Z" "zonename"; don
>
>   I don't see any apparent errors in the scripting side, except that
> maybe zlogin somehow acts like exec and ceases the subshell?
>
> Any ideas? Is it a bug or my mistake?

Not to be an ass, but did you mean, done, instead of don ;-)

I am sorry to say, I have to put this in the, it works for me category.

Infact, all of your examples work for me. I generally use the last form.

root at db032:~# for z in `zoneadm list |grep -v global`; do zlogin $z
hostname; done
shard029b
shard032a
shard064a