[OpenIndiana-discuss] force ZFS to update disk quota info

Martin Frost me at cs.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 7 22:40:00 UTC 2013

 > Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:36:31 -0700
 > From: CJ Keist <cj.keist at colostate.edu>
 >
 > No, I have never used snapshots on this server.

There could also be running process(es) with deleted files open,
though I suppose that's unlikely if the 3GB of deleted files is not
just a few files that might all be open at once.

 > # zfs get usedbysnapshots data/students/GRAD/ECE/vwb
 > NAME                        PROPERTY         VALUE     SOURCE
 > data/students/GRAD/ECE/vwb  usedbysnapshots  0         -
 >
 > # zfs list -r -t snapshot data/students/GRAD/ECE/vwb
 > no datasets available

Shorten that dataset path and give the command again, until you don't
get that error.

Martin