[OpenIndiana-discuss] SYBA SY-PEX40008

Michael Stapleton michael.stapleton at techsologic.com
Tue Feb 12 14:35:44 UTC 2013

Found this in the review section:

Cons: New cards seems to have a Winbond W39F010 BIOS chipset which is
not supported by Silicon Image or Syba -- which means you can *NOT*
upgrade this card. The card will more than likely come with a BIOS from
2006, the latest is from 2010 and even then if you want to remove the
"RAID" functionality (I use these in a ZFS system so pseudo-hardware
raid is useless to me and slows down boot time) you cannot.

Personally I would steer clear of it.

Mike