[OpenIndiana-discuss] ISCSI SSD Performance

Grant Albitz GAlbitz at Albitz.Biz
Sat Feb 16 23:52:39 UTC 2013

Yes jim I actually used something similar to enable the 9000 mtu that's why I want familiar with the config file method.

dladm set-linkprop -p mtu=9000 InterfaceName

Flowcontrol is currently off on the zfs host but enabled by default on esxi, I am going to try enabling flow control first and if that doesn't improve anything I will disable it on both ends.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Klimov [mailto:jimklimov at cos.ru]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:46 PM
To: openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] ISCSI SSD Performance

On 2013-02-17 00:39, Grant Albitz wrote:
> I am not sure that I can disable flow control since no switch is present. Is it turned on in the host by default?

If you're on OpenIndiana (well, you're on the list, but I think I haven't seen a statement of your OS version), you can try "dladm show-linkprop" (there is a "flowctrl" field there) and accordingly "dladm set-linkprop".

Likely, it would be like:

# dladm set-linkprop -p flowctrl=off e1000g0

or something similar...

Good luck,
//Jim