[OpenIndiana-discuss] ISCSI SSD Performance

Grant Albitz GAlbitz at Albitz.Biz
Sun Feb 17 03:38:36 UTC 2013

I just wanted to add that when I create a pool it is using ashift 9. Arent all ssds 4k drives at this point?

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Albitz [mailto:GAlbitz at Albitz.Biz]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:28 PM
To: Discussion list for OpenIndiana
Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] ISCSI SSD Performance

sorry I have not, that is the next logical step but only my esxi servers have 10g interfaces and I cannot take them down at the moment.

I have been looking this issue up online and I do find some people with poor reads and good writes. In some cases they are saying it was a mismatch in the target and initiators block size. can anyone assist me with figuring out what the zfs blocksize is.