[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana roadmap

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Feb 19 01:52:21 UTC 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Jesus Cea wrote:

> On 28/01/13 02:43, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Jesus Cea wrote:
>>>
>>> Is out there an OpenIndiana Roadmap?. In particular, I am VERY
>>> interested in a security supported version.
>>
>> How much are you willing to pay for this service?

I would be willing to pay $100-200/year per system for simple binary
updates and no support calls (other than if simple updates don't
work).

I see that OmniOS offers commercial support ($1000/year for 2 sockets)
but they don't say if that includes security support.  The notion of
"support" usually seems to include someone to call to work through
difficult technical issues and not just delivery of updated binaries.

It is really not all that difficult to offer security support.  A
couple of people should be able to accomplish it for the whole OS.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn