[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with SMB Server:

Armin Maier ma2412 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 21 14:32:40 UTC 2013

Hello, i set up a openindiana 151a7 server with zfs and Active Directory
authentication. I can share zfs filesystems to windows server and set
permissions to Active Directory users, no problem. The only issue is i
can only access the server over the short name "\\server\share", using
the FQDN Name "\\server.domain.de\share" Windows gives the following error:
(I am using the svc:/network/smb/server service not samba!!)

\\server.domain.de is not accessible. You might not have permission to
use this network
resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
have access permissions.
Teh account is not authorized to log in from this station.

I found the following the following entry on illumos.org:
https://www.illumos.org/issues/1087

Is there a workarround for this issue or does someone know when it
should be fixed?