[OpenIndiana-discuss] RAIDZ performance

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Thu Feb 21 18:27:45 UTC 2013

I think last time this was asked, the consensus was that the implementation
was based on linear feedback shift registers and xor, which happens to be a
reed-solomon code (not as clear on this part, but what matters is what it
is, not what it isn't).  Regardless, from reading the source previously, I
am fairly sure it operates bytewise, with xor for first syndrome (parity),
and LFSR and then xor for the other syndromes.

See
http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2012-October/010419.html

Tim