[OpenIndiana-discuss] about tuntap

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:58:42 UTC 2013

I know it's not totally relevant, but do you know how significant the
difference is between our iptun/vnic/bridges and tun/tap

would it ever be possible to configure OpenVPN to work with a pure
Illumos/Solaris 11 interface?

We use static IP tun interfaces here between our known sites, and
OpenVPN to connect laptops for users at their home addresses (and over
wifi dongles that might change address) ... Windows (yuk!), Linux, and
1 Solaris/Illumos laptop (fool that I am) ... the easiest by far is
the Linux (Ubuntu) Laptops which have OpenVPN in their
network-manager.

Jon