[OpenIndiana-discuss] about tuntap

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:07:34 UTC 2013

Okay, with that in mind, I take it that we should be looking to
migrate to the tuntap by Kazuyoshi Aizawa, since this is being
actively maintained (Maxim Krasnyansky's driver was last updated in
2001)

are there any significant disadvantages in doing this?

I currently have "system/network/tuntap (sfe)" version
"1.3.0-0.151.1.7" installed, via the repositories, would I need to
compile OpenVPN and the tuntap software manually by myself (and
de-install the packages?)

Jon