[OpenIndiana-discuss] about tuntap

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:46:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry to but in, but how does this differ from the tuntap made by
> "Maxim Krasnyansky" that's in the SFE?
>
> Jon

I simply found "userland" an easier way to build these.

Like most "userland" components, this downloads the sources,
patches, configures, builds, etc.  Here are the two components:
  https://bitbucket.org/gwr/userland-openvpn/src/44045b40d79d69066fd2e10dba04217213ff333b/components/openvpn
  https://bitbucket.org/gwr/userland-openvpn/src/44045b40d79d69066fd2e10dba04217213ff333b/components/tuntap

If you look in the Makefile for tuntap, you'll see it downloads:
  https://github.com/kaizawa/tuntap/tarball/master
  changeset 16eed2b  (which shows version 1.3.0)

This is the version that has fixes and performance
improvements lacking in some earlier ones.

There are only minor patches for either of the "userland"
component builds for these two packages.  It also has
changes so openvpn can import if_tun.h from tuntap.

--
Gordon Ross <gwr at nexenta.com>
Nexenta Systems, Inc.  www.nexenta.com