[OpenIndiana-discuss] Webmin Solaris package for Webmin 1.620 on Openindiana?

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Sat Feb 23 13:50:38 UTC 2013

Can that work at all?

I tried it and the install behaves oddly: The setup script asks no
questions of the installing user, and the resulting config doesn't allow
login: /etc/webmin/miniserver.conf lists password file as /etc/shadow
and miniserver.users lists root:x:0: as its one entry, but using the
root password doesn't work.

I went for the Webmin.com package beacause the openindiana.org package
has some other problems as well.

Has anyone else tried the webmin.com solaris package?