[OpenIndiana-discuss] time-slider

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Mon Feb 25 21:46:07 UTC 2013

I haven't seen that error, but I would guess that the time-slider service
specified a user of "zfssnap", and something had problems while trying to
use that user.  On my system, zfssnap is a role:

in /etc/user_attr:
zfssnap::::type=role;auths=solaris.smf.manage.zfs-auto-snapshot;profiles=ZFS
File System Management

and time-slider is set to use it:
$ svcprop time-slider | grep user
start/user astring zfssnap
stop/user astring zfssnap
refresh/user astring zfssnap

Hopefully this helps you figure out what might be wrong (did you delete the
zfssnap role, or otherwise modify it?).

Tim