[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana for PowerPC

John Connett jrc at skylon.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 12:35:13 UTC 2013

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:48:30 -0000, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc>
wrote:
> Also, from the other "emerging-platforms".  I believe that was the
> correct term.
>
> I do not believe that I ever saw any of the code or binaries for MIPS,
> or the IBM mainframe stuff.
>
> I think that the ARM stuff is still available, and is/could be very
> relevant.
>
> Jerry

Another approach might be to para-virtualize the OpenIndiana kernel to run
under the OKL4 Microvisor.  The FAQ (http://wiki.ok-labs.com/FAQ) suggests
that "Work has been done already towards supporting MIPS and PowerPC
architecture processors".  This has been done for Linux (OK Linux).

No idea if anyone has actually tried to para-virtualize OpenIndiana for
OKl4 or other hypervisors.
--
John Connett