[OpenIndiana-discuss] using LSI 2308-IT onboard supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, openindiana not loading drivers? (OpenIndiana-discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 43)

James C. McPherson james.c.mcpherson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:37:45 UTC 2013

On  2/01/13 06:16 PM, Ong Yu-Phing wrote:
> great, that worked, albeit slightly differently, so FYI to contribute
> to the list and knowledge:

> Once I had the hint about /etc/driver_alises, I man'd to find out
> more, then checked using prtconf, noticed the card was referenced as
> pci15d9,69l (rather than pciex1000,86), so used update_drv -a -i
> "pci15d9,69l" mpt_sas, and the controller+disks were found.

If your driver alias includes non-hexadecimal characters
(apart from "pci" or "pciex" or "usb" or "class" etc) then
there is something very wrong.

Are you *sure* you needed the 'l' on the end of pci15d9,69  ?

James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
               http://www.jmcpdotcom.com/blog