[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mount NTFS USB under OmniOS

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 2 22:50:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 04:38:44PM -0500, Gordon Ross wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Milan Jurik <milan.jurik at xylab.cz> wrote:
> >
> > It would require to have somebody pushing it to Illumos, with at least 2
> > reviewers. My current experience is not very good in pushing larger
> > things there, ext2fs did not find any reviewer for a year, WPA
> > enterprise implementation with WiFi improvements and clean ups are also
> > waiting.
> >
> > In case of FUSE I am not even trying because at least one highly
> > respected RTI advocate was strong opponent of this FUSE implementation
> > even during his SUN carreer.
>
> I hope you're not referring to me above.
> I'd like to see these move ahead,
> but have not had time to review...

The problem seems to be, and I'm guilty of this myself, is that too
many people are working on development and too few people are doing
reviews.  In many cases, I don't feel competent to review a change
because I'm not familiar with the area in question.

Is the code review supposed to examine only the quality of the code,
or is it also supposed to determine if the code will actually function
correctly?  I can generally do the former, but often not the latter.

If the submitter includes information on the test framework they used,
is that all that's needed for the function of the code?