[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing Virtual Box for the first time

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Sun Jan 6 17:48:19 UTC 2013

Why are you using a script to download & untar virtualbox?  This should be simple enough that you just do it.  Launch firefox, browse to virtualbox.org, click download, and extract with the default file extraction utility.

Also, that is an ancient version of virtualbox.  Why don't you go for something at *least* 4.1.x, if not 4.2.x?  I would recommend the latest stable 4.2.x