[OpenIndiana-discuss] Query CPU/SYS temperature in OI?

cpforum cpforum at orange.fr
Fri Jan 11 20:06:50 UTC 2013

Under Solaris 10/11

ipmitool sensor give CPU temperature, FAN speed etc. You need special hardware
If you don't have needed hardware you get something like this

ipmitool -I bmc sdr
Could not open bmc device: No such file or directory
Get Device ID command failed
Unable to open SDR for reading

You also have smbios

smbios for a full display